Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lion II

I don't care what anyone says. I have to deal with things the way I see fit. That is the only way I can make it right for me; myself.

But it doesn't mean that I'm going to roll over and play dead while this vulture, this carrion-eating thief of a man picks out the dregs of what is left of the heart that I once offered him purely, and free of blemish. I am a Lion, and while I mean that in the same sense that I might refer to Nicole, I also mean it in the way I might refer to Meredeth Beckam.

I am a Lion. I can take kicks to the head, stabs and scratches with sharp horns, bites from teeth, near drowning, and anything else he can throw at me, but in the end, he is prey, and with his actions and his fallacy, he marks himself as such. I shall devour him utterly.

He thinks he has me on the run...but I'm just camouflaged, stalking, waiting, and preparing. I cannot strike a second too soon or too late or I will fail...but he has hardened me more severely than the ravages of the sun and rain, and so, I can only be, in a sense, what he made me.

I wish I could be a gentle lion, the way Nicole is...powerful and quiet, yet vibrant and full of life. She is magnificent. However, that life is not for me. I am a hunter and a fighter, and the more he moves, the more I prepare to destroy him and claim what I want.

He is a creature who stands beneath me.

And I...

Am a Lion.

No comments:

Post a Comment